Scroll down to the bottom to see our upcoming events !!!
Resources for Youth and Educators
The Gallatin Conservation District has a variety of resources available to youth and educators and has been involved in multiple curriculum development projects to help promote natural resource conservation education in the classroom for all ages. Below are some great online resources and lesson plans to help integrate agriculture, conservation, and natural resources into classroom education.
- Kremp Florist
- Montana FFA
- Montana Noxious Weed Education Programs
- Montana Outdoor Science School
- Montana State University – Insects of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- Montana 4-H Foundation
- My American Farm
- National Agriculture in the Classroom
- National Association of Conservation Districts – Conservation Education Hub
- Project Wet – Water Education Resources
- Teacher Vision; Natural Resource Conservation
In addition to the above online resources, Gallatin Conservation District has a few physical resources available for rental or for demonstration by Gallatin Conservation District staff. These resources can be used in classroom settings, outdoor educational events, or outreach events.
- Macroinvertebrate Educational Trunk – This trunk contains lesson plans and all of the necessary supplies for three separate activities focusing on aquatic benthic macroinvertebrates.
- Awesome Aquifer Kit – Created by the Groundwater Foundation as a fun, hands-on way to “see” groundwater.
- Montana Pollinator Education Project – Free pollinator resource for educators created by Montana Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation.
2021 Montana Youth Range Camp
The Montana Youth Range Camp is on for 2021! This year’s camp will occur July 26th – July 29th at the C Bar N Ranch near Augusta.
The camp provides an excellent opportunity for youth of varying backgrounds to become more aware of the value and potential of Montana’s rangeland. This well organized, balanced, and educational program brings together range professionals and interested students to learn in the great outdoors.
Camp registration fee is $225 which includes meals, lodging and supplies. Awards are given for outstanding individual and team achievement. In addition to signing up and paying for the camp via the Eventbrite link above, please fill out the following application: 2021 Montana Range Youth Camp Application.
Scholarships may be available to cover the cost of registration, call your local conservation district for more information.
Additional Youth Programs & Resources
Individuals and groups are encouraged to contact us for additional youth education opportunities. We’re always looking for ways to expand our education reach! Bring your homeschool group, scout group, or club to our Education and Outreach Center for programs or have us come to you! Examples of topics or programs we’ve led in the past include:
- Rolling Rivers Trailer (hands-on watershed education)
- Tree and shrub identification
- Noxious weed identification and pulls
- Science kits for kids
- Soil painting kits
- Educational DVD’s
- Soil & water youth workshops
- And so much more!