In addition to our other online resources, Gallatin Conservation District has a few physical resources available for rental or for demonstration by Gallatin Conservation District staff. These resources can be used in classroom settings, outdoor educational events, or outreach events.
- Rolling Rivers Trailer – This “watershed on wheels” is an exciting education tool used to teach youth and adults about how rivers work and why they are such an important natural resource.
- Macroinvertebrate Educational Trunk – This trunk contains lesson plans and all of the necessary supplies for three separate activities focusing on aquatic benthic macroinvertebrates.
- Awesome Aquifer Kit – Created by the Groundwater Foundation as a fun, hands-on way to “see” groundwater.
- Montana Pollinator Education Project – Free pollinator resource for educators created by Montana Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation.
2022 Montana Natural Resource Youth Camp
The Montana Natural Resource Youth Camp is on for 2022! This year’s camp will occur July 10-15 in the Lubrecht Experimental Forest, Greenough, Montana.
For 35 years, the Montana Natural Resources Youth Camp has provided youth an opportunity to study in an outdoor classroom the scientific principles, economic realities, historical heritage, and social perspectives of today, to help these future leaders in their quest to gain a natural resources perspective that is informed and progressive. Campers learn about forests, streams, soils, geology, rangeland, wildlife, and recreation, and spend a half-day rafting the Alberton Gorge of the Clark Fork River.
For more information, click here.
Additional Youth Programs & Resources
Individuals and groups are encouraged to contact us for additional youth education opportunities. We’re always looking for ways to expand our education reach! Bring your homeschool group, scout group, or club to our Education and Outreach Center for programs or have us come to you! Examples of topics or programs we’ve led in the past include:
- Rolling Rivers Trailer (hands-on watershed education)
- Tree and shrub identification
- Noxious weed identification and pulls
- Science kits for kids
- Soil painting kits
- Educational DVD’s
- Soil & water youth workshops
- And so much more!