The John Venhuizen Honorary Scholarship
2023 application is now closed. Check back next spring!
Eligibility Rules and General Information
- The scholarship will be awarded to a Gallatin County graduating student, enrolling full-time in a post-secondary school.
- Graduate plans to pursue a degree related to conservation, natural resources, agriculture, or a STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, art, and math) -related field.
- Students applying for the scholarship under a STEAM major must show an emphasis on natural resource studies (Forestry, wildlife management, ecology, etc.)
- The application must be completed and submitted via email, postal mail, or dropped off at Gallatin Conservation District, 120 S. 5th Street. Suite B104, Manhattan, MT.
- The scholarship recipient will be selected by GCD’s board of supervisors on the basis of academic achievement, educational goals, extracurricular activities, and any additional criteria as may be deemed appropriate by the board.
- Cover Letter
- Completed Application Form (click here and download the form)
- 2 letters of reference (not from immediate family members) to include name, relationship, and contact information.
- A 500-word essay explaining what conservation means to you.
MAIL, DROP OFF, OR EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Gallatin Conservation District
PO Box 569
120 S. 5th Street. Suite 104
Manhattan, MT 59741